Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Be a "WHOSOEVER"

Be a what? A who?  As a Christian Mama, church is a HUGE part of our lives.  My wonderful DH and I are also the youth leaders at our church.  We have kids from 7th grade on up.  We even have a few college kids who just can't bear to leave us yet! Which I thank God for!  We love our kids and spend countless hours each week working on lessons, outings, or just checking in with our kids.  They are part of our family.  R has many siblings! Just not blood siblings....although when I think about it, they ARE blood siblings.  Because we are ALL covered in the blood of Christ.

Back to the WHOSOEVER: We are so blessed at our church to have a wonderful amazing man as our pastor.  He often mentions that we are all also "whosoever(s)".  John 3:16 says that God sent his only son to earth to die and that "whosoever" believes in Him shall live eternally with Him in heaven.  It's a free gift that we have been given.  But like any gift, we must ACCEPT it. If we do not accept it, then we are the whosoever’s of Rev. 20:15, those whose names are not written in the Book of Life. Those who spend eternity separated from God.  In the last week, we have had the honor and privilege to be part of not one, but TWO of kids accepting Christ as their as their savior.  As a youth leader and a Christian there is nothing better!!! I always think of it as another person added to my table in heaven where we will sit with the Lord.  Jesus said in Revelation 3:20, “If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.”  This verse paints the picture of us seated with Christ, at the table, enjoying God’s delight in his Son’s perfect sacrifice. In that sacrifice, we are rid of brokenness and welcome at the table. We are able to partake of the victory over sin. (This explanation was found here.) There is an excellent song that portrays this very well which I will post at the end.  The song is what that explanation is referring too. 

So my challenge to you is to be a whosoever of John 3:16, not a whosoever of Revelation 20:15 as our shirts say!  And I pray that someday, I will see you at the table!


Carried To The Table :

Wounded and forsaken

I was shattered by the fall

Broken and forgotten

Feeling lost and all alone

Summoned by the King

Into the Master’s courts

Lifted by the Savior

And cradled in His arms



I was carried to the table

Seated where I don’t belong

Carried to the table

Swept away by His love

And I don’t see my brokenness anymore

When I’m seated at the table of the Lord

I’m carried to the table

The table of the Lord



Fighting thoughts of fear

And wondering why He called my name

Am I good enough to share this cup

This world has left me lame

Even in my weakness

The Savior called my name

In His Holy presence

I’m healed and unashamed



You carried me, my God

You carried me




You can see Crabb Revival's version of this song on You Tube by clicking HERE. (This is just MY personal favorite version!)

No comments:

Post a Comment